Friday, March 8, 2013

Temptation, food & the freaking height chart.

As most of you have read before, I have mom issues. Not from being one but from having one. This does not effect my day to day life, HOWEVER, when I am stressed, disappointed, have an encounter with her or what have you, I fall into a vortex of "Everyone sucks, I need a cheesecake and a dose of shut the hell up". This can lead to the tv suddenly speaking to me by posting 1232942 Pizza Hut, cookies, cakes & a Diners, Drives Ins & Dives marathon. Of course, this is NOT good for someone who although works out like a beast, is still 4 pounds overweight according to my height. So, it can lead to 3am trips to the bathroom and repeating to myself, "This is not the time to eat the kids' afterschool snacks." Emotional eating will make you lie to yourself. Things like, "If I eat this piece of cake, all I'll have to do is run it off for an hour on the treadmill and drink smoothies all day tomorrow." or my fave, "I'm going to do a cleanse tomorrow, so I might as well order the cheese fries. The kids will eat some of them anyway!" That is your body lying to you like a teenage boy with his first girlfriend. Don't fall for it!




Life happens, trust me, I know! My daughter's birthday was this week. The day before, my sister was baptized. Of course my entire family was there for my sister to support her decision. And as anyone with a brain would know, my Dad had us celebrate at a beautiful buffet brunch at a nearby hotel. Buffet can be a curse word if you're into a healthy lifestyle, especially a luxury buffet brunch with an omelet station, carving station,  breakfast foods and tons of pasta! But it can be navigated and you can atone for your 'sins' if you're not going there regularly. I chose to make sure I ate a protein bar on my way to brunch which helped me not eat more than 3 of those delish sausage links they had glistening at me like fresh snow! I did have 2 mimosas...mind you, my mom was there, so that was definitely a requirement! However, I did drink tons of water before church, after and during brunch. Then the kids and I headed home after spending a few more hours at my Dad's and we stopped at Wendy's. I choose a chicken salad half order and a jr cheeseburger. If I wasn't married to my trainer, I would have given him full disclosure because that way, he can make a plan to torture my body for my bad choices and they would help me. If left up to me, I would have did a kale cleanse or completely backslid and ate cheesecake! I'm human, and I love food. But the choices I make affect the body I want. Eating unhealthy makes me bloated and sometimes nauseous now. I get full faster because my stomach is no longer the turnpike of french fries that it used to be. It takes time, it's hard work, but I'll be damned if I have another waiter conveniently forget to ID me because I look like my 24 yr old sister's mother! I know my goals, to hell with that freaking body chart telling me I'm still overweight, I'm a long way from where I want to be but I'm a long way from where I was....and I did it with a whole bunch of kids in tow! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment